Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hole Under Door Lock please read --> pass around

h/T BB

I don't like snopes.com, but :  http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/handle.asp



 Hole  Under Door Lock      Wednesday, I approached my  truck from the passenger side to place my computer  bag (aka my man purse) in the  front passenger seat.

As I reached to  open the door I noticed there was a hole right
under my door  handle.

My first thought was, "someone has shot my truck  !"

I began to think about it and inspect it a little closer  and
the "light" slowly began to come on.

I phoned my  friend who owns a body shop and asked if he had any
vehicles  with damage to the doors that looked like a bullet  hole.

"Yes, I see it all the time. Thieves have a punch and  place it
right under the door handle, knock a hole through,  reach in and
unlock it, just as if they have a key. No alarms,  broken glass,
or anything."

I then placed a call to my  insurance agent and explained it to
him. I was puzzled that  they left my GPS and all other  belongings.

Here is where it gets  scary !

"Oh no, he said, they want  the break-in to be so subtle that you
don't even realize it.  They look at your GPS to see where "home"
is.  Or check  your address from Insurance and Registration in your glove  box. Now, they know what you  drive, go to your home, and if your
vehicle isn't there they  assume you aren't and break into your home."

He said  they will even leave a purse or wallet and only take one
or two credit  cards. By the time you realize there has  been a
theft, they may have already had a couple of days or  more to
use them.

(I didn't realize my situation for two  full days!)

They even give you the courtesy of re-locking  your doors for you.

Periodically, walk around  your car, especially after you park
in a shopping center or  other large parking area.

Report thefts  immediately....your bank w/missing check numbers,
your credit  card agencies, police, and insurance companies, etc.

Below  is picture of what the hole looks like.



Door  Lock
If the hole was on the  passenger side you would never see it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment