Wednesday, October 10, 2012

'SEXIEST WOMAN ALIVE' SLAMS GOP, JESUS


The newly crowned “sexiest woman alive” is a self-admitted big fan of politics, but of the GOP and its Christian connections? Not so much.
“The way [Republicans] talk about religion is offensive,” declared Mila Kunis in an interview with Esquire, the magazine that named her atop is “sexiest” list. “I may not be a practicing Jew, but why we gotta talk about Jesus all the time? And it’s baffling to me how a poor person in Georgia can say, ‘I’m a Republican.’ Why?”
The 29-year-old actress was born to a Jewish family in Ukraine and is best known for her role on TV’s “That ’70s Show,” though she’s recently starred in film as well, including “Black Swan” and this year’s raunchy hit comedy, “Ted.” Esquire announced its choice of Kunis yesterday for its “sexiest woman” cover story, scheduled to hit newsstands Oct. 16.
“Some people don’t like to hear celebrities talk about politics,” she told Esquire, but added, “I don’t think I’m a celebrity. I’m a working actress. I think there’s a difference.”
She told the magazine she finds politics “to be incredibly entertaining” and told Stylist magazine last year, “Honestly, I love politics. I do.”
Mila Kunis
Kunis also, apparently, loves the current occupant of the White House.
“I love Barack Obama. I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote, so I can’t say anything bad against him,” Kunis told Stylist magazine last year. “Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him, what I agreed and disagreed with him on, for hours.”
Kunis even told Esquire about the “most incredible experience” of meeting CNN news anchor Wolf Blitzer at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
“I watch CNN or MSNBC all day long, every day,” Kunis said. “So I meet with Wolf, and I was like, ‘Oh, my God. There’s Wolf Blitzer.’ Like two drinks in, I just start talking. ‘So, about Ahmadinejad’s nephew …’ Wolf was surprised I followed politics.”
The actress apparently, however, doesn’t care for much God talk mixed in with her politics.
In addition to her “why we gotta talk about Jesus” comment in Esquire, she told Stylist, “Whoever you vote for, don’t do it just because. And don’t tell me it’s because of religion either, because that whole thing is knocked completely out the window. So you better just educate yourself.”
Oddly enough, however, the actress must not mind religion mixing with her movies, as she starred in “The Book of Eli,” the 2010 action thriller film described as “a narrative where the Word of God is humanity’s only hope in a desperate world, and where one, solitary man shielded by his faith, in obedience to Providence, defends the last remaining Bible on earth with prayer, trust in God and one seriously wicked knife.”
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah said of the film, “It’s a hard movie to watch – dark, violent. It’s not a movie for children. But its redemptive message couldn’t be clearer or more needed for a time such as this. … I don’t believe I have ever seen a more overtly Christian movie come out of Hollywood. ”
A trailer for the film can be seen below:

No comments:

Post a Comment