Wednesday, March 13, 2013

-’ Fighting Climate Change





http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ed-begley-jr-obama-should-die-his-boots-fighting-climate-change

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/

Ed Begley Jr.: Obama ‘Should Die With His Boots’ on’ Fighting Climate Change

March 11, 2013

Ed Begley
Actor and environmental activist Ed Begley Jr. (Reed Saxton/AP Photo)
(CNSNews.com) - Actor and environmental activist Ed Begley Jr. said President Barack Obama needs to do more to combat climate change, adding he needs to "die with his boots on in some of these things."
“I think he needs to do more. I think he should die with his boots on in some of these things and just go down swinging on some of these important things, like Keystone I don’t think should be approved. I think there’s other ways we can get energy,” Begley told the Huffington Post last week when asked whether the president has done enough to combat climate change.
Begley, who is documenting his efforts to build a home with his wife under LEED Platinum standards in a web series called "Begley Street," said he has successfully powered his home through wind and solar power.
"I know that wind power works. It's been powering many homes … I've owned a wind turbine in the California desert since 1985 - still working, still sending me checks. I know that solar works. It's been powering my home and charging my car since 1990, so I know these things work - it's not pie in the sky, so we need to do more of that," Begley said.
"With nuclear power, the worst energy-related accident is what happened at Chernobyl and what happened at Fukushima," he said. "What's the worst energy-related accident with solar panels on your roof? Ow, that hit me on the head, Begley, would you bolt that down a little better. That hurt…I think you cut me a little bit."


SNIP: I remember recently reading about some solar panels that had to be buried because they cause contamination of some sort. I think Begley’s been licking those.




No comments:

Post a Comment